Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

zoology

we had the most amazing day at the park todaaaaaay (singing Oprah voice)!!!!
i just knew ava was old enough to enjoy this now, and i was right! she, of course, had her moments... but i do believe she was pretty impressed today. we had rachel and faith, and candace and corgan. the kids really did do well. i will say i'm glad i took the stroller (even though two tires now need air). we played musical stroller. at least one kid was sitting at a time.
here's a photo log of our day!



this is ava's "i'm-ready-to-go-to-the-zoo" face at 7:30 am. adorable.






started out with the
kangaroo walk-about! they just hoped right in front of you, pretty awesome.






lions, *tigers, and bears! (*tiger paced a lot, no good shots, boo).
we made a trip around half of the park when it first opened. we got to see almost every animal today. we believe because we got there so early and it wasn't hot and sticky out yet. ava's favorite were the goats.






after farmland, we took a couple minutes to re-fuel and rest. the kids were literally exhausting themselves running around and being excited. much needed.





fed the giraffe and then were fascinated with the elephants!






fed the birds and then ended with the penguins!
of course there were plenty more animals than this, but this kid was a mile a minute!!
and she's still awake. 9 hours up and going strong. she usually has a nap by lunch time. this is record breaking. and after such a long day, *I'M* ready for a nap!! is it bed time yet?



2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for posting the pics. I am really sad that I didn't get to go with you guys! It looked like you have lots of fun. I am glad the kids were good for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the picture of Ava sitting on the turtle! It *was* a really great trip, and I loved seeing them play together. Thanks for bringing the stroller. :D Can't wait to take C & A to the children's museum!

    ReplyDelete