Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Scarlett Macie is One Month Old!



Scarlett Macie Baney
 
 
 
Weight: about 10lbs now
 
Health: very healthy boo. she had a bit of jaundice in the beginning, but lots of breast milk and sunlight helped.
 
Sleep: *SHE* sleeps all the time! At night, I get anywhere from 2, 3, or 4 hour stretches. I'll take it! She does sleep with us. We have a co-sleeper beside our bed. Sometimes she makes it back in there after feedings...
 
 
 
Social: She's starting to stay awake more and more. I try to make that time during the day, but sometimes she just wants to be a night owl! We'll get on track soon enough. She turns her head to sound or movement. Which is usually her big sister smothering her with kisses.
 
Diet: Strictly breast milk. Every couple of hours. She does get into cluster feedings in the afternoons and will eat small amounts every hour. I'm hoping that's just a growth spurt phase! It's very exhausting.
 
 
 
Clothes: The newborn clothes are starting to struggle. The onesies are usually ok, but the sleepers are pretty much dunzo. She's juuuuust about in size 1 diapers.
 
Baby Gear: Absolutely-positively IN*LOVE with the Fisher-Price SnugaBunny Newborn Rock 'n Play Soother. She LOVESSS it. It's very snuggly and super safe. If I have something to do, she's in there. Also, the Baby K'tan. We go on family walks and this is so comfortable. Highly Recommend.
 
Crying: Obviously when she's hungry. In the afternoons she gets super gassy (colic maybe) and she's very restless and fussy. We try and work her legs around and get the gas out. Usually that by itself works, but if not, we pull in the big guns. Mylicon got me through my first child and it's not letting me down now. I've also heard great things about gripe water, but haven't tried it just yet. It's on the list!
 
Likes: BREAST MILK! :) And lots of snuggling.
 
 
 
Postpartum: (left is one weeks pp, right is 4 weeks pp.) I'm down to my pre-baby weight. Still some areas that needed help even before then. My thighs and arms are always the first to show weight gain, so that's where I hope to start. As soon as the doc okays me in a couple weeks. :)  I ended up having Mastitis about two weeks after I had Scarlett. I started having flu-like symptoms like chills, dizziness, my whole body was sore and I had mild fevers. I called the doctor and luckily we caught it early. They gave me some antibiotics and now I'm muuuuch better. Know your body! If something feels weird, call the doctor. Better to be safe than sorry!
 
 
Milestones: We have some smiling! Could just be gas, but I'll take what I can get! Her biggest milestone is holding her head on her own. She's had great control since day one, but it's getting better and better! Strong girl!

3 comments:

  1. She's beautiful!!! And I totally appreciate all of these updates on her weight/feeding schedule/favorite gadgets!! I have the Rock N' Play and the K'tan so I'm glad to hear they are worth it!! Plus her weight gives me an idea on how long I can plan to have Billy in newborn cloth dipes :) (If he's as 'average sized' as they say he is he should be born about 7-8lbs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess! You and him will LOVE the Rock 'n Play. She's in it as we speak. The ultrasound tech guessed her weight at 6lb 10oz at my 36 week check up. I had her at 37 weeks and she weighed 7lb 10oz. If what they say is true and they gain a pound a week after 37, I'm sure glad I had her early!! :) So happy this helps you! Can't wait to see what your little man looks like.

      Delete
  2. You are looking great! As Scarlett gets bigger, you get smaller!

    ReplyDelete