Ohhhhhh, do I know how to disappear or WHAT!
My desktop computer was out of service for AGES (ok, only a year... that is a LOOONNNG time!) so I had been using my husbands work, laptop. Pretty awful to use so I always found excuses not to get on this.
Well, my friends.... operation "restore-desktop" was a success this weekend! WOOT WOOT!
I'm thinking about re-doing the whole blog... but that can wait right this second because....
THIS precious girl turned 2 months last Friday. It's flyiiinnnggg by!
Weight: 11lbs 14oz! Chunky Monkey :)
Health: Couldn't be healthier!
Sleep: She actually hit a new record the night before last... 7 hours! WHAT! My boobs were so engorged that they were about to EXPLODE, but I will *take it!!* :) She also sleeps A LOT during the day, still. She's up maybe 4 hours total during the day. I want her to stay awake more, but I know I will regret saying that very soon. So I'm trying to take advantage.
Social: She is such a ham! She loooves to smile and coo. She has this owl toy that was given to me at my baby shower. I hook it on her bouncer or swing and she will just laaaugh and smile and kick and hit. Cutest thing ever.
Diet: Breast milk! She eats about every 2 and a half to 4 hours during the day. At night it goes from 2 and a half to 7 hours. I try to just let her tell me when she's hungry, but if I wake up and she's still sleeping, I will change her and feed her and usually she stays asleep the whole time! :)
Clothes: She's officially in 3 month clothing. I'm sure she could even fit into 6 month bottoms. Home girl is not small... at all. I couldn't love her rolls more! She's in size 1 diapers, and they're getting a little small. She could probably wear size 2, but we still have 1's to go through. Also, I bought some Target brand diapers to try. I've heard such great things and with 50 diapers for only $7, I HAD to try. *Love Them*. Please try them. Especially with young ones who poop and pee every 10 minutes. Life. Changed.
Baby Gear: Still looooving the Rock 'N Play. I fear she may be out-growing this one soon, though. She likes the bouncer and swing for short periods of time. Sometimes I lay the changing pad on the floor in the living room and she will look around or sometimes even fall asleep on it. She's been holding her head up for about a month now. It may be time to clean off the exersaucer and invest in a walker! It'll be here before I know it. :) :(
Crying: The crying is getting less and less. Most of the time it's a pitiful whine. I can usually tell the difference between hungry and gassy now. PLEASE invest in gas drops, if you're expecting. You will need them. Especially if you're breastfeeding.
Likes: She likes LOVES her big sister, Ava, talking to her. Ava has no idea that her voice is already high-pitch. She hears us talking to Scarlett in a high-pitch voice (yes, I'm one of those. Can you really help but do it? I've tried. Dont judge me...) so she's just mocking us, but it is the funniest thing to hear a nearly 4 year old baby-talking a baby... Scarlett also loves her owl, as mentioned before. I take it everywhere. Carseat, bouncer, swing, play mat. Best gift ever!
![]() |
| 8 weeks PP |
Postpartum: I'm still at the same I was a month ago. I finally got the ok from the doctor at 6 weeks and still havent done any exersices. Today was my first time back in the game and I did 100 squats + 20 minutes power-walking on the treadmill.... my legs are jello.
Milestones: sleeping through the night, smiling, cooing, reaching, increased tummy-time.
Seriously, though.... I am going to try my best to show my blog some love. :)






You look UNBELIEVABLE girl!!! I hope I look that good 8 weeks PP!!!....and I wanna squeeze that baby's cheeks!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jess! Breastfeeding does *wonders* for getting rid of all that water weight and burning calories! Eat lots and lots of healthy fats (peanut butter, oatmeal, granola bars) and it will drop off super fast.
Delete